Everyone loves pizza and today we get to love it even more! Pizza comes in many different variations and whether it be deep dish, thin crust or Chicago-style – we love them all!
Here are a few quick facts about pizza pies:
- Pepperoni is the most popular pizza at 36 percent of all pies ordered.
- Over 3 billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. each year. Add another 1 billion on frozen pizzas.
- 17 percent of all U.S. restaurants are pizzerias.
- Antica Pizzeria, the first pizzeria, opened in Naples, Italy, in 1738.
- Gennaro Lombardi, the first pizzeria in the United States, opened in 1895 in New York City.
- Americans consume on average 23 pounds of pizza per person each year.
It’s highly likely that your favorite restaurants are doing some discounting today, so make sure you take the family out to dinner tonight to celebrate!
That’s all we’ve got – you can follow the hashtag on social media: #NationalPizzaDay