You’ll be surprised what fresh air and sunshine can do for your body and mind during this crazy time. My family has been spending a lot of time outdoors and taking advantage of the West Virginia Resident Fishing License Waiver. A West Virginia resident fishing license has been waived through May 31, 2020.
You should check the state fishing regulations before heading out, but the following is a general statement from the West Virginia Division of Natural Resources website regarding the temporary waiver:
Resident Fishing License Waiver
The requirement for West Virginia residents to possess a fishing license has been waived through May 31 to help anglers who have been affected by economic disruption caused by COVID-19.
· Applies only to state-regulated waters
· Includes waiver for trout and conservation stamps
· Non-residents must abide by existing license and stamp requirements
· All fishing regulations remain in effect
· All requirements for hunting licenses remain in effect
So, if you are a state resident make sure you take advantage of this waiver and spend some quality outdoors time with your family. What better way is there to relax and make some wonderful memories?
Happy fishing everyone!